Friday, November 13, 2009

Could Kovalchuk's Missed Time Turn Out Better For The Thrashers?

Ok, so I know one game is not an adequite sample size to judge a trend, statistic, or any measurable entity, but last night I saw a Thrasher's team that exuded confidence like none before.

Hear me out.

The Thrashers grabbed the lead 19 seconds into the first period and never looked back. They attacked the net without fear and scored goals we Thrasher fans are so accustomed to watching being scored on us. Examples: Kane converting the steal by Peverley to get us up by two, Kovy literally walking around on the weak side of the powerplay and shelfing the puck, and Peverley banking a shot off a defender for a power play goal.

I'm not used to seeing this as a Thrasher's fan, but man I can get used to games like this. The Thrashers have a sense of confidence about them that came about only when Kovalchuck committed himself to this team when he was injured.

"They told me I couldn't hurt it anymore, so I decided to go." Kovalchuck said that sporting a walking boot after the game.

Having the Captain back made this team come alive and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw D men leading the rush infront of the forwards (Mr. Schubert seems to like playing LW). It also brought back the physical side of the Thrashers that has been absent lately. Bogosian's hit on Callahan that spurred the fight was great, and even better was the 19 yr olds quick disposal of him in the fight.

We Thrashers fans have a lot of fun to look forward too in the near future, now only if we could get the Kahlua line up and going again, then we will be a force.

No comments:

Post a Comment